We’ll be posting a handful of questions over the next few months to get you warmed up. We don’t know yet how many questions you’ll have to answer. But it will be enough to challenge you and make it fun. Once our faithful reader has read the whole series, we’ll announce the end of the contest. You’ll have a period of time to research the answers and submit via email. We’ll award the Grand Prize to the submission with the greatest number of correct answers. In the case of a tie, we’ll hold a drawing for names, administered by an independent agency our 13-year-old granddaughter.
3 books by J.C. Nelson, Grimm Agency stories: Armageddon Rules, Wish Bound and Free Agent. All mass market paperbacks, read once.
Locked In by John Scalzi, Uncorrected Proof, autographed. Read once.
The Etched City by K.J. Bishop. Trade paperback, read once.
Mars Crossing by Geoffrey Landis. Hardcover, First Edition, autographed. Read once.
Jupiter by Ben Bova. Hardcover, First Edition, autographed. Read once.
In The Courts of the Crimson Kings by S.M. Stirling. Hardcover, First Edition, autographed.
A Night Without Stars by Peter F. Hamilton. Hardcover, First Edition, read once.
1. Who were the original “old farts”? Only first names required.
2. What did John name his Brainpal?
3. John first distinguished himself in an engagement with which race of aliens?
4. Who was the first “old fart” to die?
5. What was the name of the alien race who took the planet Coral in “Old Man’s War”?
6. Who was the first Ghost Brigade soldier John ever met?
7. What ship was Jane serving on when she first met John?
8. What was John doing the first time he saw his reincarnated wife?
9. Who was the first realborn to serve with the Special Forces in an engagement?
10. Which of the “old farts” were still alive at the end of “Old Man’s War”?
1. Who was the unique Ghost Brigade soldier born without being integrated?
2. What was the name of the Rraey who was captured and gave up the traitor’s name?
3. Who was the traitor?
4. What was the name of Jared’s squadmate whom he loved?
5. What are the Obin lacking that make them such an unimaginative species?
6. What was the traitor’s goal?
7. What did the traitor promise the Obin in exchange for starting a war with humans?
8. How did Jared kill the traitor?
9. From whom did the Gamerans take their surname?
10. What was the name of the traitor’s daughter?