1. Who were the original “old farts”? John, Jesse, Harry, Thomas, Susan, Maggie, Alan. Only first names required.
2. What did John name his Brainpal? Asshole
3. John first distinguished himself in an engagement with which race of aliens? The Consu, he figured out a way to effectively target them to get through their personal shields.
4. Who was the first “old fart” to die? Maggie
5. What was the name of the alien race who took the planet Coral in “Old Man’s War”? Ryraey
6. Who was the first Ghost Brigade soldier John ever met? Jane Sagan
7. What ship was Jane serving on when she first met John? The Sparrowhawk
8. What was John doing the first time he saw his reincarnated wife? Dying under a tree on the planet Coral.
9. Who was the first realborn to serve with the Special Forces in an engagement? John Perry
10. Which of the “old farts” were still alive at the end of “Old Man’s War”? John, Jesse and Harry
11. Who was the unique Ghost Brigade soldier born without being integrated? Jared Dirac
12. What was the name of the Rraey who was captured and gave up the traitor’s name? Cainen
13. Who was the traitor? Dr. Charles Boutin
14. What was the name of Jared’s squadmate whom he loved? Sarah Pauling
15. What are the Obin lacking that make them such an unimaginative species? They believe they are missing a soul.
16. What was the traitor’s goal? To cause a war that would completely destroy the Colonial Defense Force
17. What did the traitor promise the Obin in exchange for starting a war with humans? He was going to create souls for them.
18. How did Jared kill the traitor? He caused his own “smart blood” to combust.
19. From whom did the Gamerans take their surname? Science fiction writers
20. What was the name of the traitor’s daughter? Zoe
21. Why do Hickory and Dickory, the Obin, stay with Zoe? Or, what is their purpose? Anything that relates to their recordings of Zoe that go back to all the other Obin to share in knowing her.
22. What were Hickory’s and Dickory’s names before Zoe named them? They didn’t have names
23. What was the name of the colony where John and Jane went after they retired from the CDF? Huckleberry
24. What was the name of the colony they went to as new Colony Leaders? Roanoke
25. Who was Zoe’s new best friend in the new colony? Gretchen
26. What did Perry nickname the indigenous sentient species on the new colony world? Werewolves
27. When the Conclave finally showed up at the new colony world, who was in charge of the fleet and demanded the colony’s surrender? General Gau
28. After the Conclave’s remaining ship departed, which alien race attempted to attack the new colony? The Arrisians led by Nerbros Eser
29. After Jane and John were forced from their home on the new colony world, what was the next place they called home? Earth
30. What was Zoe’s boyfriend’s name? Enzo
31. How was Enzo killed? In the attack from Nerbros Eser
32. What did Zoe give the werewolves in order to save Magdy? Her jade elephant pendant that Jane gave her
33. Who did Zoe go to meet in order to find a weapon to defend her colony? General Gau
34. Who actually gave Zoe the weapon? The Consu
35. What is the Conclave? A confederation of 400 sentient races
36. What did Wilson find when he was tasked to find the black box for the CDF ship that disappeared with the diplomatic team? A trap of CDF missiles set to ambush the Utche and potentially trigger a war.
37. Who was the pilot in the first “brain ship” that the Wilson and the CDF encountered? Rayth Ablant, an Easo
38. Who attacked Earth station in “The Human Division?” The Equilibrium
39. How did Wilson and Lowen escape Earth Station? They dived off it and landed on Earth.
40. Who was the only “brain in a box” to escape the Equilibrium and provide intel to the CDF about the brains? Rafe Daquin
41. What was the name of Rafe’s ship? The Chandler
42. Who killed General Gau? General Gau engineered his own assassination
43. Who took over as the leader of the Conclave after General Gau’s death? His second-in-command, Hafte Sorvalh
44. What was the primary goal of the groups known as the Equilibrium? The dissolution of the Conclave
45. Who did Harry Wilson go see on Earth to ask for help to broker a peace between Earth and the Conclave? Danielle Lowen
46. Who was able to convince the pilots of the Equilibrium fleet sent to destroy the Earth to surrender? Rafe Daquin, all the pilots were brains-in-a-box
47. How many books did John appear in? Just three: “Old Man’s War”, “Last Colony”, “Zoe’s Tale”
48. How many books did Jane appear in? Just four: “Old Man’s War”, “Ghost Brigades”, “Last Colony”, “Zoe’s Tale”
49. How many books did Harry appear in? Just four: “Old Man’s War”, “Ghost Brigades”, “ The Human Division” and “The End of All Things”
50. Which “old fart” appeared in all six books? None of them